We all desire to get a perfect set of teeth and an amazing smile ain’t we? Well, cosmetic dentistry practices can work wonders for you! They have made it really easy to correct your oral issues and also redesign your smile into an incredible one. If you’ve got chipped, cracked, stained, discolored, or gapped teeth, then you can certainly go for dental veneers. Porcelain veneers are actually wafer-thin shells of porcelain that match the exact color of your teeth. They are custom-made and are affixed to the teeth’ surface.
It helps to restore balance and symmetry to your smile and render you the feel and appearance of real teeth. Veneers also help to alter the length, size, shape, or color of your teeth. While temporary veneers aren’t built to last, permanent veneers are fabricated of carefully selected materials that will stay for long. Just like any other dental process, you will definitely require following a dietary guideline in order to prevent your veneers from getting damaged and preserve them for long. In this particular blog, we will discuss foods and beverages that you need to avoid with permanent veneers so that you can maintain a radiant smile in the long run.
Foods that you should not eat with Permanent Veneers
- Foods that are really hard or crunchy (for example popcorn kernels and hard nuts. When you take foods, for example, chicken legs or bone-in steak, just remember that you don’t bite really close to the bone)
- Alcoholic drinks, which can slowly damage the bonding material
- Chewing tobacco
- Dark liquids ( like colas, red wine, black tea, and coffee should be consumed only in moderation)
- Biting on ice
- Acidic foods and beverages, like, lemonade, tomato sauce, or citrus fruits (these things can destroy the cement that is used to attach the veneers onto your teeth)
- Red peppers
- Sticky candies
Taking care of your Permanent Porcelain Veneers
- If you intake coffee or tea on a daily basis, it’s better that you sip those beverages only with the help of a straw. The straw helps to cut down the amount of time that the liquid makes contact with your teeth.
- You must even quit the smoking habit as it can alter the color of your teeth.
- Apart from that, dentists usually suggest that you clean your mouth with water or anti-bacterial mouth rinse after each meal. This lessens the risk of staining.
- People who suffer from temperature sensitivity must avoid too hot and cold food or drinks. When you cut the food into tiny segments or take little sips it can also minimize sensitivity.
- Also, don’t use your teeth for every other function, just for example, trying to tear through wrappings and packages, or using your teeth as a bottle opener, or holding heavy things, and so on.
The most interesting part about permanent porcelain veneers is that they are pretty less vulnerable to stains and can be polished easily. So, even if you get a little bit of stain on your teeth, your dentist can obviously clean them in just a few minutes. When you take appropriate care of your porcelain veneers, they can last long till 20 years or even more than that. Even though porcelain veneers are strong enough, but in order to protect them and minimize the requirement of professional dental cleanings, it is advised to limit these types of food in your diet routine.
Get the help you need!
You can get in touch with DNA Dental Studio if you want to receive the best porcelain veneers in Burbank, CA. Our team of dental professionals works hard to deliver the best treatment to our patients for any of their dental problems along with great comfort. We are just a call away.